The Therapy Team consists of:
- A well-established School Counselling Service
- Delivered by fully qualified and BACP registered therapists
- A Highly Specialist Service
- With expertise in working with children in care and complex behaviours
- A fully qualified health and well-being instructor
- Delivering health and hygiene programmes, as well as promoting the importance of sensory work
The team is involved in the referral process, and pays particular attention to transitions, as well as gaining an understanding of the young person through a multi-agency and multidisciplinary approach. The team also undertake initial assessments, in order, to establish the young person’s level of need and therapeutic intervention.
The therapeutic approach is based in Attachment Theory. The main ethos behind our approach is working in the ‘present’ moment and this transcends the whole service. Some of the interventions include: “Mindfulness”, “Mentalisation”, “Emotion Regulation”, and “Reflective Practice”.
The Therapy Team is fully integrated at a whole service level; delivering training, supervision and promoting overall organisational health.
‘We have recently opened a new facility in the village of Shedfield, near Southampton. This peaceful facility is set within a rural complex and provides a calm setting for our young people’.